Privacy Regulations & Cloud Backup: What You Need to Know
With the growing number of privacy regulations around the world, it’s becoming increasingly important to protect the information you collect about your customers and prospects.
For instance, in the United States, many states have enacted the Personal Information Protection Act. In Canada, the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) law took effect in 2000, and has been updated several times. In Europe, the EU Data Protection Directive was recently changed to reflect greater privacy concerns.
What all these regulations have in common is the need to become more vigilant with the private data you obtain from the people you do business with, and if you back up a database that contains sensitive client information, you must make sure your backup cannot be compromised by a third-party.
KineticD will give your organization the security, reliability, and performance of an enterprise-class online backup service with KineticCloud Backup, our award-winning public cloud solution.
Serious About Protecting Your Data
KineticD™ knows how important your sensitive data is to the well-being of your business. That’s why we surround your information with the most stringent safety measures on the market, such as:
- Secure Data Center: Your data is stored within the shelter of a SSAE 16 certified data center.
- Data Encryption During Backup: During the backup process, all your files are first secured with a 448-bit Blowfish encryption key, and then transferred to our data center using a secure SSL connection.
- Physical Security: KineticD servers are located in a Tier 3 data center protected by gated perimeter access, 24/7/365 on-site security and technicians, electronic card key access, and strategically placed security cameras inside and outside the building.
- Remote/Offsite Backup: KineticD is an automated remote/offsite backup service. A key component in any disaster recovery plan includes protection against hardware failure, theft, virus attack, accidental deletion, and natural disasters.
- Logical Access: Your backed-up data may be accessed via the Web-based KineticD administrative console by supplying a valid password.